Music and AI Workshop
Are you a musician working with computers that wants to learn how to include AI techniques into your practice?
As part of work with the Creative Computing Institute and the Alan Turing Institute (all the Institutes!), we are offering opportunities to attend workshops where you will learn new skills and be aided in the development of a short piece for performance at a concert.
Applicants will need to be available for 3 in person workshops (held over 3 successive weeks) in London in the end of May / beginning of June and a performance at the end of June.
The workshops will focus around
- Generating raw audio with machine learning
- Generating scores with machine learning
- Building expressive controllers with machine learning
Applicants should submit a 250 word proposal for their project.
In terms of support, we are able include for each successful applicant
- a £500 fee (gross and inclusive of UK VAT if applicable) for participation. Applicants must have right to work in the UK to receive.
- We have a limited budget to cover within UK travel costs for the workshops and concerts if necessary.
- 3 months subscription to Google Colab Pro (cloud compute service)
Apply by 12th April – APPLY HERE
Acceptance by 22th April (10 spaces available)
Workshop dates: 6pm-8.45pm Wednesday 25th May, Wednesday 1st June, Wednesday 8th June @ Peckham Rd
Concert: June 29th
Coding not required
Existing musical performance practice
Ability to attend workshops and concert in person in London on given dates
Applicants must be 18 or over